1) Our website uses cookies for statistical purposes.
2) Please DO NOT regard our articles as Legal Advice. For Legal Advice please contact an Attorney.
3) This Website is owned by BridgeWest, an International Legal Network.

Our Articles

Cancellation of Removal in Deportation Proceedings

Cancellation of Removal in Deportation Proceedings

According to the U.S. Immigration Law, any individual who is not a U.S. citizen can be removed from the country if he or she is convicted for certain types of crimes or deeds. However, it is possible, depending on the crime or deed that was committed, for a person who has lived in the U.S. as a legal permanent resident for a set period of time, to apply for a pardon. This type of pardon is named cancellation of removal. In certain cases, cancellation of removal can be given to a non-permanent resident.

Our immigration law firm in USA focuses on helping people apply for a residence permit in USA.

Cancellation of removal for legal permanent residents in the U.S.

A legal permanent resident in the U.S. can be eligible for cancellation of removal in deportation proceedings if he or she meets the following requirements:

•    he or she must have been a legal permanent resident for a minimum of five years;
•    he or she must have resided continuously in the country for a minimum of seven years after legally entering the U.S. and prior to receiving the notice to appear at the removal proceeding; and
•    he or she should not have been convicted for an aggravated crime.

Furthermore, the legal permanent resident has to fill in a certain form. Our immigration lawyers in the United States can provide assistance in regard to where to find it and how to fill it in. We will also help you apply for USA citizenship.

Cancellation of removal for non-permanent residents in the U.S.

According to the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)cancellation of removal can be available for non-permanent residents in the U.S. if they comply with the following conditions:

•    they have resided continuously in the U.S. for a minimum of ten years;
•    they proved to be individuals of impeccable moral character during their stay in the country;
•    they have not been subject to any consequences from a conviction of any crime stipulated in INA. An immigration attorney in Miami can provide further information on what these crimes consist of;
•    it can be proven that their removal would cause extreme and exceptional suffering to their spouses, parents, or children who are lawful residents or citizens of the U.S.

We can help you apply for a residence permit in USA. Family reunification through Green Cards for the US are especially helpful for wives and children of American citizens because there are usually lengthy waiting periods for more distant relatives. This why, if you are sibling of a US citizen, it is recommended to select another pathway to move here other than family reunion.

American citizens can bring their foreign spouses into the US in two different ways. Both of them imply getting a spouse visa for the United States. Once entered the country, the foreign husband or wife will get their residence cards, also known as Green Card. Contact us for support with the application.

If you consider you might have a case for cancellation of removal in a deportation proceeding or if you have further inquiries about this type of relief, please get in touch with a Miami immigration lawyer to discuss your options concerning immigration in the U.S. We can also guide those interested in USA citizenship based on investment.

The EB-5 program has a high success rate, which usually depends on the type of investment, the applicant’s conditions, the availability of legal counsel, and the regional center. The E2 Visa gives residency in exchange for a sizable investment in a company. Contact if you decide to relocate here based on the US investor visa.