The Deferred Action for Parental Accountability (DAPA) in the U.S., also known as the Deferred Action for Parents of American and Lawful Permanent Residents, is a program initiated by President Barack Obama in 2014. It represents a planned immigration policy in the U.S. to issue deferred action statute for certain unlawful immigrants who have resided in the country since 2010 and have dependents who are citizens or legal permanent residents of the U.S.
There are several states in the U.S. that filed lawsuits, sustaining that DAPA violates the constitution and federal statutes. As a result, the program was blocked from being applied while the lawsuit takes place. Our US immigration lawyers are at your service with information on this topic and guidance on applying for USA citizenship.
Who can qualify for DAPA in the U.S.?
In order to qualify for DAPA in the U.S., the person in question should:
• Have been residing in the U.S. on a continuous basis since 2010;
• Have been present in the U.S. on November 20, 2014 and at the date when he or she made the request for consideration of DAPA with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS);
• Not have had the legal status on November 20, 2014;
• Have had a child who was a citizen of the U.S. or a legal permanent resident on November 20, 2014;
• Not have been convicted for a crime, not be a national security threat, or are not due to be removed from the country. Our immigration lawyers in Miami can provide more details on this matter.
We will also help you apply for a residence permit in USA.
An advantage of getting a US spouse visa is that will also be entitled to get a Social Security card once you get to the country. It is highly likely to get the card within 6 weeks of entering the USA. You can rely on us for information on how the Social Security card can be used in this state.
A green card obtained through investment is the EB-5 Visa. After two 2, investors receive a temporary green card. Each year, 10,000 applications are accepted. Of these, 5,000 are set aside for investments made through regional centers. You can rely on our immigration lawyer if you want to apply for an investor visa for the US.
How to prepare for the DAPA application in the U.S.
In order to prepare for the DAPA application in the U.S., different documents should be gathered, such as:
• Bank statements, money order receipts and annulled checks;
• Union membership recordings;
• Receipts or bills (electricity, phone, water, insurance, etc.);
• Rental agreements, leases or property documents (for a house or a car);
• Medical records for the parent, as well as for the child if they list the parent’s name on them;
• A picture ID or driver’s license;
• School records or different attendance certificates;
• Other documents. An immigration lawyer in the United States can offer more information on what these other documents may consist of.
We will also help you apply for a residence permit in USA, if you need such services. Every year, the government offers 55,000 green cards for the USA around the world in the Green Card Lottery. Although there is a good chance of winning, many applicants are turned away from the lottery because they do not submit their documents in the correct format. Our lawyers can help you prepare these documents correctly.
We can represent parents of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents with their Deferred Action for Parental Accountability (DAPA) in the U.S.; please get in touch with an immigration attorney in Miami from our immigration law firm. He will also explain how to apply for USA citizenship.