1) Our website uses cookies for statistical purposes.
2) Please DO NOT regard our articles as Legal Advice. For Legal Advice please contact an Attorney.
3) This Website is owned by BridgeWest, an International Legal Network.

Our Articles

G Visa for the U.S.

G Visa for the U.S.

The G visa for the U.S. is a nonimmigrant visa issued for representatives of international bodies such as diplomats, government officials and employees of international organizations in the country, and their dependent families. 

Feel free to use our services if you want to immigrate to the United States through this type of visa.

Types of G visas in the U.S.

There are five different types of G visas in the U.S., as listed below:

•    The G-1 visa: is issued for permanent mission members of acknowledged governments to a certain international body, including their dependent family members;
•   The G-2 visa: is obtained by representatives of an acknowledged government who are traveling on a temporary basis to the U.S. to join meetings of a recognized international body and their dependent families;
•    The G-3 visa: is gained by representatives of non-acknowledged or non-member governments and their dependent families;
•    The G-4 Visa: is reserved for those who are arriving to the U.S. following an appointment at a recognized international body, including the United Nations, and their dependent families;
•    The G-5 visa: is obtained by personal staff or domestic workers of the above-mentioned visa holders.

Our Miami immigration attorneys can provide assistance in order to obtain any of these visas. If you’re a foreign national who wants to apply for a Green Card in the United States, you may rely on our immigration lawyers. They will help you move here based on your particular situation. It’s crucial to understand that obtaining permanent residency is a straightforward process, but you must complete a thorough procedure which can take several months.

Please refer to us if you want to apply for a G visa for the United States.

Documents needed for the G visa in the U.S.

Under the U.S. immigration legislation, U.S. Embassies or Consulates usually do not request an interview with a G-1, G-2, G-3 and G-4 visa applicant, however, in some cases, this might be required. G-5 visa candidates need though to have an interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their countries of origin. They can be advised by our immigration lawyer in USA.

In order to obtain a G visa for the U.S., the following documentation is required:

•    The Nonimmigrant Visa DS-156 application form;
•    A DS-1648 application for G-1, G-2, G-3 and G-4 visa candidates;
•    A supplementary Nonimmigrant Visa Application DS-157 form, only for G-5 visa candidates;
•    A diplomatic note: it represents a written confirmation by the candidate’s government which confirms the status of official staff for G-5 visa applicants;
•    A valid passport;
•    Copy of the main visa holder’s visa: is required for the applicants’ dependent family members.

Our immigration lawyers in Miami can assist you with the entire process of applying for the G visa in the U.S. Please contact us for guidance or if you need more detailed information. We can also help with the processing of US G visas.