1) Our website uses cookies for statistical purposes.
2) Please DO NOT regard our articles as Legal Advice. For Legal Advice please contact an Attorney.
3) This Website is owned by BridgeWest, an International Legal Network.

Our Articles

Immigrate to USA from Peru

Immigrate to USA from Peru

The process of immigration in Miami applicable to Peruvian citizens relocating to USA is divided between two main categories of visasimmigrant visas and non-immigrant visas. The first category is addressed to citizens who want to obtain the permanent residency in USA or even USA citizenship while the latter refers to immigration documents granted for a determined period of time, which serve to a specific purpose, such as employment or traveling in this country.

Our immigration attorney in Miami can offer legal assistance on how to obtain a specific type of visa and can provide in-depth assistance on the fees that are to be paid by the applicant. We will also help you apply for a residence permit in USA. Persons who want to immigrate to US from Peru can receive assistance from our team.

Non-immigrant visas in USA

As mentioned above, the non-immigrant visas in USA do not offer the right to receive American citizenship to Peruvians relocating to USA. Instead, they provide a set of rights which will enable the Peruvian citizen to perform various activities in this jurisdiction. 

Non-immigrant visas can be obtained for the following situations: 

•    tourism; 
•    business;
•    study;
•    medical treatments;
•    employment.

If you want to move to USA from Peru, it is important to know that the procedure can vary depending on the type of visa requested by the applicant, but another relevant aspect refers to the age of the applicant. For example, the procedure applicable to minors under the age of 13 years old provides fewer regulations than in the case of adults applying for a visa

In this sense, we mention that minors under 13 years old may not be required to apply for a visa interview, under specific conditions, such as: 

•    the applicant is a Peruvian citizen
•    the applicant owns a permanent residency card issued by the Peruvian authorities;
•    the parents of the applicant are the owners of a valid American visa

Our team of immigration lawyers in USA can offer advice on how to obtain a non-immigrant visa when moving to the United States as a minor citizen. At the same time, our attorney can provide in-depth advice on the regulations available for the applicants with an age above 80 years old. This can turn into a permanent residence permit in USA.

The green card in the USA is also known as a permanent resident card and it is the equivalent of a long-term visa in the United States. It grants the holder the status of a permanent resident and comes with various benefits, such as the possibility to work. After obtaining this card, it is possible to become a citizen of the US after a few years of residing there.

Our lawyers are also at your service with other immigration solutions. Those who have been married for less than two years will be awarded a conditional green card (CR1 visa). This suggests that even after completing the initial visa process, you will still need to work as the two-year deadline approaches. After receiving your spouse visa for the US, you have 90 days to complete further paperwork in order to lift the restrictions.

Immigrant visas in USA

Peruvian citizens can also apply for immigrant visas in USA, which can grant the applicant the right to obtain permanent residency or American citizenship

The main types of visas available in this case are the following: 

•    fiancée visas;
•    employment-based visas;
•    visas available under the Diversity Visa Program

Peruvian citizens who want to immigrate to USA from Peru are invited to contact our US immigration lawyers for more details on how to obtain a visa or USA citizenship.