1) Our website uses cookies for statistical purposes.
2) Please DO NOT regard our articles as Legal Advice. For Legal Advice please contact an Attorney.
3) This Website is owned by BridgeWest, an International Legal Network.

Our Articles

Move to USA from Denmark

Move to USA from Denmark

Foreign citizens seeking to relocate to the United States must apply for one of the visas or residence permits available. Compared to other countries, the USA has several programs under which citizens from all over the world can enjoy living in one of the most prolific states and obtain jobs or have their own businesses.

This also applies to persons seeking to move to USA from Denmark. They can choose the state and city they want to live in, however, they must respect the requirements imposed by each local government. Our immigration lawyers in Miami can offer support to Danish citizens who want to relocate to Florida and can offer tailored support with the entire process.

The main ways one can move to USA from Denmark

Citizens of Denmark who want to relocate to the USA must comply with the same immigration procedures applied to persons moving here from all over Europe. They can obtain temporary or permanent residence, the famous Green Card, through one of the following options: 

  1. employment which is based on a work contract with a US company;
  2. family immigration for those lucky to have close relatives already living in the USA;
  3. spousal sponsorship under which foreign citizens can relocate here with their spouses who have obtained Green Cards. You must be either an American citizen or a permanent resident to apply for a US spouse visa and bring your spouse to the country as a green card holder. The procedure of bringing a spouse to the United States is difficult and frequently involves numerous steps. This is why, you can rely on our immigration lawyers in USA for support.
  4. the Green Card Lottery, which is available for everybody in the world, however, it relies on chance, which is why this is not the best choice for those who really want to immigrate.

Our immigration lawyer in USA is at the service of all those who want to move to US from Denmark. We are at your service no matter the way you choose to relocate to this country.

The Green Card, the best solution for Danish citizens

The Green Card is one of the most sought types of residence permits by foreign citizens who move to US. The fact that there are several ways of obtaining it makes it more appealing to those who want to immigrate to the United States from Denmark.

There are two types of Green Cards – the conditional and the permanent one, and obtaining it depends on various aspects, among which employment and family reunification are often used. However, it is safe to say that finding a job with a US company is the safest way of immigrating to this country, and Miami is full of opportunities for Danish citizens.

Family reunification also has its advantages, among which the greatest is that there are no caps on the number of residence permits issued to relatives of Danish immigrants who obtained permanent residence or even US citizenship. The main condition for the relative moving here is to be a close family member, and our immigration lawyers can provide more information on the applicable conditions.

Our immigration law firm in Miami will provide all the support no matter the type of residency you want to apply for when moving to the US from Denmark.

Relocating to USA from Denmark based on investment

Persons who want to relocate to USA from Denmark can also apply for the investor visa in order to obtain permanent residency. This type of visa is one of the most sought, as it was created for entrepreneurs who want to immigrate to the USA and use their own businesses as a means of self-sustenance.

Also known as the EB-5 Immigrant Visa, it is granted to Danish citizens and their families interested in investing in a US company and creating full-time employment for US citizens.

The investor visa for the USA or the EB-5 visa implies making a significant contribution to the economy in exchange for a Green Card. Depending on the amount willing to invest and which is limited to two options, there are also other requirements to consider. So, when making such a decision, it is wise to advise our local lawyers who can help you select the appropriate type of investment.

The investor visa comes with strict requirements, among which at least 500,000 USD, which is why it is not meant for anyone who wants to move here. Moreover, the EB-5 visa is issued in limited numbers every year, so we suggest you start the application as early as possible if this is your choice. You can obtain counseling from our lawyers prior to entering the program.

You might need to employ legal counsel to guide you through the procedure of applying for an investor visa for the United States due to the size of the investment. You can make an appointment for a consultation with our US immigration lawyers if you are uncertain as to whether your possible investment satisfies the criteria for the EB-5 Visa.

If you want to immigrate to US from Denmark, our immigration lawyers in the United States are at your service if you decide on Florida where you can benefit from one of the most developed local economic ecosystems.

How many foreign citizens live in the USA?

At the level of 2020, the USA had the largest immigrant population in the world. This is no surprise considering the size of this country. The numbers indicate that:

  • the largest number of immigrants living in here was registered in 2018 (44.8 million foreign citizens);
  • 40 million of the people living in the USA were born in other countries;
  • these account for 1/5th of the world’s entire migrant population;
  • at the level of 2020, immigrants represented 13.7% of the US population;

If you want to move to USA from Denmark and need guidance, our immigration law firm in Miami can assist you. Feel free to contact us for information and support in applying for US residency.

Contact our attorneys if you want to file for a US spouse visa on behalf of your foreign spouse or partner. They will check to see if you meet the prerequisites for sponsorship before moving on to the requirements for the foreign party. The nationality of spouses who live abroad is not specifically required, but a case-by-case analysis is advised.