1) Our website uses cookies for statistical purposes.
2) Please DO NOT regard our articles as Legal Advice. For Legal Advice please contact an Attorney.
3) This Website is owned by BridgeWest, an International Legal Network.

Our Articles

Obtain a Media Visa for the U.S.

Obtain a Media Visa for the U.S.

The media visa, also known as the I visain the U.S. is a nonimmigrant visa issued for foreign citizens who represent foreign media, such as members of the press, radio, film and printed media,  and who are travelling on a temporary basis to the U.S. to engage in informational or educational media activities. Our Miami immigration attorneys can offer full assistance in obtaining this type of visa in the U.S.

Who can qualify for the media visa in the U.S.

According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), in order to obtain a media visa for the U.S., a person has to prove that he or she is a genuine representative of foreign media who performs work essential to the functioning of the media organization which hired him/her. 

Activities which can be effectuated with the media visa for the U.S.

The U.S. immigration legislation stipulates that individuals who are performing work in the film production, news reports, articles and so on, can obtain a type I media visa for the U.S. only if the material represents news or information works which addresses to a foreign public and the media company where the applicant works is based abroad. The works which are published must have a documentary nature.

However, members of foreign media are not always obliged to apply for a visa. If the purpose of the trip is only a short stay in the U.S. only for a brief meeting, the person in question is not required to have a visa. A U.S. immigration lawyer can provide further details on this matter. If you cannot obtain this visa, you may qualify for an I visa for intracompany transfers.

Process of application for the media visa in the U.S.

A person who wishes to acquire the media visa for the U.S. can apply for it at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in his or her country of origin. In order to apply for this type of visa, the following steps need to be taken:

•    Fill out an online form;
•    Upload a photo;
•    Schedule for an interview at the nearest American Embassy or Consulate ;
•    Pay the application fee;
•    Put together all the necessary documentation for the interview;
•    Attend the visa interview.

For full assistance regarding immigration issues and process of application, please contact our team of immigration lawyers in the USA. Family reunification is a popular method for getting a Green Card in the US. This card is also available to those who marry US citizens, US residents, or members of their families. However, depending on the category of immigrants one enters, each case is treated differently and entails a waiting period. You can rely on our immigration attorney to assist you in applying for it for this reason.

Our immigration lawyers in Miami have extensive experience in dealing with visa matters in the U.S. Please get in touch with us so that we can assist you to acquire a media visa or an I for the U.S.