1) Our website uses cookies for statistical purposes.
2) Please DO NOT regard our articles as Legal Advice. For Legal Advice please contact an Attorney.
3) This Website is owned by BridgeWest, an International Legal Network.

Our Articles

Q Visa for the U.S.

Q Visa for the U.S.

The nonimmigrant visa for the U.S. is obtained by foreign citizens who wish to enter the country for international cultural exchange programs nominated by the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services). The Q nonimmigrant exchange program is made in order to deliver practical training and employment and in order to exchange the culture, history and customs of the foreign citizen’s home country with the U.S. 

There are two types of Q visas in the U.S. These are as listed below. Our US immigration lawyers explain them. We can also help you apply for a residence permit in USA.

Q-1 visa in the U.S. 

The Q-1 visas for the U.S., issued for cultural exchange visitors, are obtained by foreign citizens who have the clear intention of returning to their home countries in maximum 15 months’ time and who travel to the U.S. to participate in an international cultural exchange program recognized by the Attorney General in order to provide practical training, employment and the exchange of culture, history and customs of his or her home country, being employed with the same salary and working conditions as local employees. Our Miami immigration lawyers can offer more details on this type of visa.

Our immigration lawyers in the United States can help you obtain any type of visa for the U.S. and can also help you apply for asylum in Miami, in case you are looking for protection.

If you need guidance in obtaining a US Q-1 visa or USA citizenship, we can help you.

Q-2 visa in the U.S.

According to the immigration legislation of the country, the Q-2 visa in the U.S., for the Walsh Program participants, is named after Congressman James Walsh and it allows a maximum of 4,000 residents aged between 18 and 35 of Northern Ireland and certain counties of the Republic of Ireland to be sponsored for maximum 36 months in the U.S. in employment and training programs.

We can also provide tailored assistance for those who can help you apply for an investment residence permit in USA. The EB-5 investor program, which enables international businesspeople to migrate to the nation, start their own firms, and live well there, is one of the ways you can apply for a Green Card in the USA. We advise speaking with one of our immigration attorneys before entering this scheme so they can assist you in finding the best option.

Eligibility conditions for the Q-1 visa for U.S. 

In order to obtain the Q-1 visa for the U.S., the applicant has to meet the following criteria:

•    He or she has to be at least 18 years old;
•    The candidate must have been accepted as a participant in an international cultural exchange program;
•    He or she must possess the training and education to perform the activities he or she is employed to;
•    The applicant has to be able to communicate his or her own culture to the citizens of the U.S.

If you are interested in obtaining a Q visa for the U.S., we can help you with the application procedure. Please get in touch with our immigration attorneys in Miami to find out more about how they can assist you to travel, work or immigrate and apply for USA citizenship. We can also advise on the Q 1 and 2 visas for the United States.