1) Our website uses cookies for statistical purposes.
2) Please DO NOT regard our articles as Legal Advice. For Legal Advice please contact an Attorney.
3) This Website is owned by BridgeWest, an International Legal Network.

Our Articles

Temporary Worker Visa for the US

Temporary Worker Visa for the US

Temporary worker visas for the U.S. are issued to foreign citizens who intend to come to the country to work on a temporary basis. According to the immigration legislation in Miami, these types of visas are not permanent or indefinite. Prior to applying for them, the employer must file a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). 

You can also count on our immigration attorney in USA if you want to apply for a residence permit in USA.

Types of temporary worker visas in the U.S.

There are different types of temporary worker visas in the U.S. These are as follows:

•    H visas and their subcategories;
•    L visa: for intracompany transferees. It is issued for individuals who intend to work at a branch, affiliate or subsidiary of their existing employer in a management or executive position, among which the L-1 visa;
•    O visa: for individual with extraordinary talent or accomplishment. For individuals with such talents or accomplishments in the motion picture or television industries;
•    P visas and their subcategories;
•   Q-1 visa: participants in an international cultural exchange program. It is obtained for practical training and employment, as well as for sharing the culture, history and customs of the applicant’s country of origin by taking part in an international cultural exchange program. An immigration lawyer in Miami can provide more details on these visas, as well as on USA citizenship.

The subject of how to obtain a Green Card for the USA is one that our immigration lawyers handle often. Foreign nationals are aware that they can dwell permanently in the country with a green card. If they are eligible, our experts can assist them in submitting their applications and obtaining the much-needed residency papers.

Obligations of the employer in the U.S.

An employer has to file a petition with the Department of Labor for a labor certification before the foreign citizen applies for a temporary work in the U.S. The employer has to prove to the U.S. authorities that the local employees are not available to occupy the position and that the salary and work conditions are according to regional standards.

Our US immigration lawyers can also guide those who want to apply for USA citizenship.

Legal assistance on the temporary work visas in the U.S.

Temporary work visas for the U.S. enable foreign citizens to come and work in the U.S. when they possess prized knowledge and skills. They can also perform, entertain or teach on a temporary basis in the country. In order to obtain these types of visas, both the employer, as well as the employee, have to meet certain requirements. Since the processes and documentation necessary in order to obtain them tend to be quite complex, it is recommended to seek the advice of a knowledgeable immigration lawyer in Miami who can help make the process easier and offer a higher chance of visa approval.

Please contact a Miami immigration lawyer in regards to any of the L-1 and temporary work visas for the U.S. We can also advise on the residence permit in USA.