1) Our website uses cookies for statistical purposes.
2) Please DO NOT regard our articles as Legal Advice. For Legal Advice please contact an Attorney.
3) This Website is owned by BridgeWest, an International Legal Network.

Our Articles

Treaty Trader Visa for U.S.

Treaty Trader Visa for U.S.

Very similarly to the Treaty Investor visa, the Treaty Trader (E-1) visa for U.S. is issued for foreign citizens who originate from countries with which the U.S. maintains treaties of commerce and navigation. The person who applies for this type of visa has to:

•    engage in an important trade, including trade in technology or services, in qualifying activities, mainly between the U.S. and the treaty country;
•    grow and direct the operations of a business in which he or she has invested an important amount of capital.

You can rely on immigration lawyers in Miami for obtaining this visa, as well as a  residence permit in USA.

Qualification criteria for the Treaty Trader visa in the U.S.

In order to qualify for the Treaty Trader visa for the U.S., the applicant has to meet the following criteria:

•    He or she has to be a citizen of a treaty country;
•    The trading business for which he or she intends to come to the U.S. must have the nationality of the treaty country (individuals with the nationality of the treaty country have to own at least 50% of the business);
•    The international trade has to be substantial, with a sizeable and continuous trade volume;
•    At least 50% of the international trade activity has to be between the U.S and the treaty country;
•    Trade implies the international exchange of goods, services and technology. The title of trade items has to be exchanged between one party to the other;
•    The visa candidate has to be a key employee, hired in a supervisory or executive position, or he or she must have extremely specialized skills crucial for the efficient operation of the business. Average skilled or unskilled professionals do not qualify. Our immigration lawyers in USA can provide more information on this matter. They can also offer details on USA citizenship.

In accordance with US immigration rules, if an investment is made in a project that has been approved or in a targeted employment area, you may be eligible to apply for a US investor visa. Just as in other countries, the requirements vary based on the amount willing to invest. Please contact our attorneys if you need information or assistance in applying for it.

Application process for the Treaty Trader visa in the U.S. 

The application process of the Treaty Trader visa for U.S. implies several steps. The order of these steps and how they are accomplished can vary at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where the candidate applies for this type of U.S. visa.  This visa can be used to obtain USA citizenship.

Generally, the visa applicant will have to:

•    complete an Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application and print it;
•    make a photo;
•    attend an interview with a consular officer at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for the Treaty Trader visa for U.S. in the applicant’s country of origin, if the candidate is usually aged between 14 and 79;

If you need more details about this visa for the U.S., please contact one of our immigration attorneys in the United States. They will also guide you in obtaining a residence permit in USA.