A person of extraordinary activity is a classification of an individual who is not a citizen or a national of the US (“alien”) made by the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services). The US authorities could issue a O-1 visa for persons of extraordinary ability for aliens who are able to prove “extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics” or by some other extraordinary career realizations. If you do not qualify for this type of visa, you might apply for a visa for intra-company transfer.
The visa for persons of extraordinary ability can be issued on a non-immigrant or immigrant basis. Then, the applicant can apply for a residence permit in USA. Our immigration attorney in the United States can offer assistance in such matters.
More details on the visa for persons of extraordinary abilities are available in the video below:
Non-immigrant Visa (O-1 Visa) for Persons of Extraordinary Ability in US
The non-immigrant visa for persons of extraordinary ability (the O-1A Visa) can be issued for an alien who has extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a proven record of extraordinary realizations in the motion picture or television industry and who has been distinguished nationally or internationally for these realizations. Our immigration lawyers in Miami can provide further guidance on the qualification process for this type of visa in the US. Among these the EB-5 visa.
In order to qualify for an investor visa for the United States, the investment must be worth at least USD 500,000 or USD 1 million in a designated high unemployment or rural areas of the country. It is also useful to note there is an annual cap to this type of visa through which you can immigrate to the USA. You can obtain detailed information on the best way to apply for it from our local lawyers.
Based on certain requirements, these can also obtain USA citizenship or a marriage visa. There are only a few ways to bring your partner to the USA by requesting a spouse visa for the United States. You can file Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) and Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence) to Adjust Status if you are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and your spouse is present in the country.
We can also help you apply for a US O-1 visa.
Requirements for the Non-Immigrant Visa for Persons of Extraordinary Ability in US
The requirements for the non-immigrant visa for persons of extraordinary ability include a proof that the applicant received a major award, like the Nobel Prize, or proof that he or she meets at least three of the following criteria:
• Receiving of nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards;
• Membership in associations in the domain for which classification is required that involve exceptional achievements;
• Published works in professional or major trade publications, newspapers or other major media;
• Unique scientific, scholarly, or business-related inputs of major importance in the domain;
• Authorship of scholarly articles in professional journals or various major media;
• A high salary or other payment for services as proved by contracts;
• Taking part on a panel, or individually, as a judge of the work of others;
• Employment in an important or essential position for organizations and establishments which have a eminent reputation.
If you have questions on the residence permit in USA, feel free to address them to us. We can also guide those who immigrate to USA from UK on the requirements to obtain residency.
Immigrant Visa (EB-1 Visa) for Persons of Extraordinary Ability in US
The immigrant visa for persons of extraordinary ability (the EB-1 Visa) can be granted for an alien who possesses an extraordinary ability in the field of sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who is an exceptional professor or researcher, or is a multinational executive or manager.
The candidate has to meet some of the 10 requests listed below, or prove the receipt of a one-time achievement (for example, Pulitzer, Oscar, Olympic medal). One of our immigration lawyers in Miami can offer more information on this subject.
We are at your service if you want to move to the USA through an O-1 visa.
Requirements of the Immigrant Visa for Persons of Extraordinary Ability in US
The requirements of the immigrant visa for persons of extraordinary ability can include:
• Proof of receiving less important nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence;
• Proof of membership in associations in the domain that require exceptional achievement of their members;
• Proof of published work about the candidate in professional, chief publications or other main media;
• Proof of judging the work of others;
• Proof of unique scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of key importance to the domain;
• Proof of authorship of scholarly articles in professional or most important trade publications or other main media;
• Proof that work has been exhibited at artistic exhibitions or showcases;
• Proof of performance of a leading or critical position in famous organizations;
• Proof of high salary or other types of important payment in relation to others in the domain;
• Proof of commercial successes in the performing arts.
Our immigration attorneys in USA specialize in various visa issues. If you need to know more, please contact us. We can also inform you on how to obtain US citizenship.