1) Our website uses cookies for statistical purposes.
2) Please DO NOT regard our articles as Legal Advice. For Legal Advice please contact an Attorney.
3) This Website is owned by BridgeWest, an International Legal Network.

Our Articles

Immigrate to USA from Belgium

Immigrate to USA from Belgium

Immigration to the USA from Belgium is possible through various channels, however, business and employment are the most common. Most Belgian citizens apply for green cards in order to remain in the United States indefinitely.

If you are planning to move to the USA from Belgium and need support, you can rely on our immigration lawyers in the United States. With a multilateral approach to our work, we can help you obtain the desired type of residence permit.

Common ways to relocate to USA from Belgium

Applying for a Green Card is the main option for most people who want to immigrate to USA from Belgium. Here are the ways through which such a permit is issued:

  • through family sponsorship;
  • through employment;
  • as a special immigrant;
  • through the refugee or asylee status.

There are also a few more options, however, these are seldom used by European citizens moving to the United States of America.

If you consider you would fit into another category, feel free to address our immigration lawyer in USA who can offer a personalized approach to your case.

During the past few years, migration numbers have declined, however, at the level of 2019 there were 44.9 million immigrants living in the United States.

Our immigration attorneys can also help you apply for residency, which is known as the US Green Card. People who want to work here, who want to start their own businesses or marry American citizens can become eligible for Green Cards. As such, it is advisable to use specialized services that enable you to obtain it.

How to immigrate to USA from Belgium through family sponsorship

In order to obtain a Green Card based on your relatives living in the United States, you must first meet one of the following requirements:

  • you are the spouse or fiancé of an American citizen;
  • you are an unmarried child of an American citizen and you are below 21;
  • you are the parent of an American citizen who is at least 21 years old.

Similar criteria apply to those moving to USA from Belgium with their family members who are permanent residents. If your spouse is not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, you need to complete several forms to apply for a US spouse visa. The procedure must be started with the US Embassy or consular office in your home country and then be followed with the visa interview. Due to the rather complicated procedure, many applicants use the services provided by our immigration attorneys in the USA.

This is one of the best ways to relocate to the United States from Belgium or any other European country, which is why if you have any questions about it, you can ask our local experts.

Employment, one of the safest ways to move to the USA

Immigrant workers represent a large portion of the American labor force, and if you want to immigrate from Belgium to USA this way, you will have to meet at least one of the following criteria:

  • you are an academician or researcher;
  • you are a manager or employee for a multinational company;
  • you have exceptional talent in the arts, sciences, business, or athletics;
  • you are a skilled worker (meaning your job requires at least 2 years of training or experience);
  • you are a professional (meaning your job requires a bachelor’s degree).

If you meet any of the requirements presented above and want to apply for a Green Card, you can rely on our US-based immigration law firm.

How to obtain a Green Card (residence permit) and citizenship in the USA

The Green Card is the same as the permanent residence permit in Belgium, and in order to obtain it, you must first demonstrate that you meet the requirements for the type of card you apply. However, the procedure is simpler compared to European countries and even comes with an easier path to citizenship.

Here are the main timeframes to consider in terms of US citizenship:

  • you must have been a Green Card holder for at least 5 years before you can become a citizen;
  • you must have held a Green Card for at least 3 years through marriage.

Depending on the way you immigrated to the USA, applications may be reviewed for up to 2 years, so please be advised that you must have all documents in order to ensure a simple procedure.

Our immigration lawyer in Miami is at your disposal with various services, so do not hesitate to contact us if you want to immigrate to USA from Belgium.

The USA is also a startup nation, and every year, a sizable number of new projects are launched.  Investors have the chance to earn an EB-5 visa by investing. You can also rely on our specialists for filing for this type of visa.