1) Our website uses cookies for statistical purposes.
2) Please DO NOT regard our articles as Legal Advice. For Legal Advice please contact an Attorney.
3) This Website is owned by BridgeWest, an International Legal Network.

Our Articles

What is a Motion to Vacate in Miami?

What is a Motion to Vacate in Miami?

motion to vacate in Miami represents essentially a request filed against a judge or a court which issued a jugement beforehand. This legal measure comes to assist an immigrant or non-resident of the U.S. who is convicted of a crime that could lead to deportation

Our US immigration lawyers are also at your service with guidance in applying for USA citizenship.

Further details on the motion to vacate in Miami

In the U.S. courts, a motion to vacate judgment and sentence, also known in legal terms as a petition for writ of habeas corpus, is filed according to the U.S. Constitution and Title 28, U.S. Code Secs. 2254 and 2255. Such a claim involves the fact that, generally, an individual who pleads guilty or does not contest and renounces his or her right to a direct appeal, might later on find out that the lawyer made certain mistakes which influenced his or her decision to plead. 

Our immigration lawyers will also advise on how to obtain USA citizenship.

In Florida courts, the pleading has named a motion for post-conviction relief, or a motion to vacate judgment and sentence. The motion to vacate procedure in Miami is governed by the Rule 3.850 of the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure. Such a petition can be filed in the state of Florida in those cases in which the defendant asserts ineffective assistance of legal counsel. An immigration attorney in Miami can provide more detailed information on this matter.

You can also count on us if you want to apply for a residence permit in USA.

Immigration lawyers in the United States

In case yourself or a family member are facing a deportation judgement, it is important to seek the legal representation from immigration lawyers in the US who can assist you change this decision. We have represented many cases of this type and we can help you file a motion to vacate in Miami. Because of our commitment to our clients and our vast experience over the years, we can assure you we will work very hard to defend your case in front of a court so that you continue to reside in the U.S. alongside your family and friends. We ensure our clients that we fervently defend their rights during the entire procedure and that they are able to profit from a fair trial. 

Please get in touch with an immigration lawyer in Miami to start the procedure of filing a motion to vacate on your behalf. You can also send us your questions on the residence permit in USA.