1) Our website uses cookies for statistical purposes.
2) Please DO NOT regard our articles as Legal Advice. For Legal Advice please contact an Attorney.
3) This Website is owned by BridgeWest, an International Legal Network.

Our Articles

U.S. Tourist Visa

U.S. Tourist Visa

Similarly to the visas for medical treatments, the U.S. tourist visa, or the visa category B-2 for tourism, is issued for foreign citizens who wish to enter the United States on a nonimmigrant basis for temporary stay inside the country. 

The tourist visa cannot be used for obtaining a residence permit in USA. Our US immigration lawyer can guide you in obtaining it.

How to apply for the U.S. tourist visa

The order and number of the U.S. tourist visa application steps can vary depending on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate of your country of origin. Generally, however, you will have to:

•    complete an online visa application;
•    submit a photo;
•   schedule an interview with consular officers at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country of origin, generally if you are aged between 14 and 79. Our immigration attorneys in the US can give you more details on this procedure. They can also advise on how to obtain USA citizenship.

We can also help you apply for the B-2 visa for visitors in the USA.

More details on the U.S. tourist visa are available in the video below: 


Documents necessary for the U.S. tourist visa

The documents necessary in order to be granted the U.S. tourist visa are listed on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website from your country of origin. However, you might be required to present further documentation, such as:

•    proof of purpose of your visit;
•    evidence of your intention to leave the United States after your trip; and/or
•    proof that you are able to cover the costs of the trip.

Proof of your employment and/or family relationships inside your country of origin should be enough in order to demonstrate the purpose of your visit and your intention to return back to your country. In case you are not able to cover the costs of the trip alone, you have to bring proof that someone else can cover the costs of your visit. 

If you are looking for protection and want to apply for asylum in Miami, our immigration lawyers in the USA can help you in this matter. They will also advise on how to apply for a residence permit in USA or the B-2 visa.

How to extend your stay in the U.S.

You are obliged to leave the U.S. on or prior to the date stated on your admission stamp or paper form, except for the case when you require an extension of your stay which has to be approved by the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services). 

If you do not leave the U.S. at the date stated on your admission stamp, you will be out of status. Under the legislation of the U.S., a person who is out of status is automatically voided, resulting in not being able to be valid for future trips inside the country and not being eligible for different visas he or she might want to apply for in the future in the U.S.

Our immigration lawyers in Miami can assist you with further advice on the U.S. tourist visaContact us if you need more information. We can help you obtain any type of visa for the U.S., from medical visas to transit visas, or even USA citizenship.