1) Our website uses cookies for statistical purposes.
2) Please DO NOT regard our articles as Legal Advice. For Legal Advice please contact an Attorney.
3) This Website is owned by BridgeWest, an International Legal Network.

Our Articles

Immigrate to USA from Japan

Immigrate to USA from Japan

The United States and Japan have solid economic relations thanks to which many American and Japanese persons travel from one country to another every year. Some Japanese citizens decide to settle in the US because of work or launching their own companies and obtaining various benefits here.

If you are planning to immigrate to the USA from Japan, our immigration lawyers in Miami are at your service and can help you apply for the desired type of visa. Feel free to address our specialists for support.

Common visas used to relocate to the US from Japan

American visas are simply divided into 2 categories:

Each category has its own sub-divisions which is why when interested in moving to the USA from any country, it is important to choose the appropriate visa. Our immigration lawyer in USA is at your disposal with advice in order to help you maximize your chances of coming to the United States as soon as possible.

The most employed non-immigrant visas for Japanese citizens

There are several types of non-immigrant visas that can be requested by Japanese citizens relocating to the US, however, these are issued based on the reason of entering the country. Among them are the business, exchange, domestic employee visas, as well as the visas for persons of extraordinary abilities.

Each comes with its own requirements and its duration is limited. This is why if you want to immigrate to USA from Japan on a long-term, an immigrant visa is more suitable. This can also lead to a Green Card, which is the equivalent of a permanent residence permit in other countries.

Our USA-based immigration law firm can help you relocate to any of Florida’s sunny cities.

You can also move to the US through the EB-5 visa. The application process for an investor visa for the USA can be started from abroad or while in the United States. The simplest way is the second which implies an adjustment of status. Our lawyers can explain what both procedures imply, however, when in your home country, you also need to go through one or more visits to the US Consulate or Embassy for more formalities.

How to move to USA from Japan based on immigrant visas

If you plan on staying in the United States indefinitely, one of the immigrant visas available is one of your best choices.

Relocating to USA based on immigrant visas usually implies sponsorship, be it by an employer or another family member already established here. Employment visas, spouse and fiancé visas, or investor visas are 3 of the most advantageous ways of coming here from Japan. Each has its own requirements and applying for any of them falls to our attention.

Do not hesitate to get in touch with our local consultants if you want to immigrate to the United States from Japan and need guidance. You can apply for a spouse visa for the United States as a foreign national through various means. For this reason, if you choose this course of action, you may rely on our immigration attorneys to assist you in getting settled in the USA as soon as possible. You can rely on our attorneys for directions on how to prepare for the interview and aid with drafting the required paperwork.

USA – Japan economic relations

The United States has a great collaboration with Japan, especially from an economic point of view. According to the US Trade Representative:

  • in 2020, the total value of goods and services traded by the US and Japan was approximately $252.2 billion;
  • exports from USA to Japan were around $102.1 billion, while imports from Japan were approximately $150.1 billion;
  • Japan was USA’s 4th largest trading partner in 2020.

If you decide to immigrate to US from Japan in order to start a business here, you can apply for the investor visa or EB-5 visa. The main advantage of investment immigration is that you can obtain a Green Card.

Support in applying for citizenship in USA

If you already live in the United States, you can apply for a US passport provided that you have been a Green Card holder for the past 5 years. Our immigration lawyer in Miami is at your disposal with complete information and support for preparing your application and citizenship interview.

Do not hesitate to get in touch with our specialists for complete information on your immigration options as a Japanese citizen. Furthermore, we can provide tailored support in applying for the desired type of visa or residence permit, as well as for a Green Card.